Philip Pullman's Tour
Outside the Oxford Visitor Information Centre 15-16 Broad Street Oxford OX1 3AS
Rediscover the world of His Dark Materials and explore the setting of the new The Book of Dust series with a walk around Philip Pullman’s Oxford, led by a professional Green Badge Guide
Take this 2 hour tour, endorsed by the author himself which provides a fascinating insight into the stories and places that inspired his world-renowned books
Visit key locations from Lyra’s Oxford and La Belle Sauvage including:
Bodley’s Library: Bodley’s Library features prominently in His Dark Materials and also features in the new book La Belle Sauvage.
The Covered Market: the market is a favourite haunt for Lyra and friends in Northern Lights.
An Oxford College, similar to Jordan College: where Lyra grows up. She climbs out of an attic window there in Northern Lights.
Pitt Rivers Museum: Lyra and Will find skulls here with holes in them in The Subtle Knife.
All tours start at 11.15pm and go from here at the Visitor Information Centre 15-16 Broad Street OX1 3AS.
Lyra’s stomping ground, and that of new character Malcolm, reaches beyond central Oxford. If you’d like to extend the experience, ask your expert Guide about the other places which can be visited after your tour.
Book now to avoid disappointment, as places are limited to 14 on this tour, which only runs once a month (on a Saturday) and is fast becoming one of our most popular tours.
Ticket prices: Adults £18 Seniors/Students £16 Children (5-15) £12 Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 go free but must have places booked for them.
**If you have any difficulties with booking online please call us on +44 1865 686 441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org**
Choose date and time
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Experience Oxfordshire is acting as an agent for the sale of Oxford Official Walking Tour Tickets.
- Experience Oxfordshire and The Oxford Guild of Tour Guides do not accept liability for any damage or loss from any cause whatsoever in connection with this tour.
- Experience Oxfordshire cannot be held responsible for Tickets purchased from other sources.
- Children under 16 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult (maximum 2 children per adult).
- Infants under 5 go free but tickets must be booked for them as they are included in maximum of 19 people per tour.
- Please note that pushchairs may not be admitted to a college and may need to be left outside or at the Porters Lodge at the owner's own risk.
- Wheelchair users are welcome on all our tours. As access to some colleges may be restricted (due to the age of the buildings) please call us before you book on 01865 686 441 so that we can try to ensure that the college is wheelchair accessible.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome on all tours.
- Claim 10% discount on gifts when you show this ticket in the Oxford Visitor Information Centre. Offer excludes stamps, accommodation bookings, tour, attraction and event tickets.
- We recommend using the Park and Ride. Please allow 20 minutes for the bus journey into the city centre.
Oxford Official Walking Tours
Terms and Conditions
Please arrive at the Meeting Point outside the Visitor Information Centre 10 minutes early as we are unable to contact the guide after the start of your tour. Please call us on 01865 686 441 or email us if you are going to be delayed or have any problems on the day of your tour.
Tours go ahead whatever the weather – unless the conditions are dangerous. Please come suitably dressed with comfortable footwear.
The booking will be registered under the Cardholder's name/or name of the person booking. The tickets booked are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Your tour tickets are valid for the date and time booked only.
Every effort is made to ensure that a college visit can be included on your tour – and most days this is possible. Colleges are working institutions and all reserve the right to close on the day and for important days in the life of the University such as Degree, Exam and Open Days.
Please select a date from the calendar on the left to begin booking.
|Child under 16||£ 12.00||
|Child under 5||£ 0.00||