Join the Inspector Morse, Lewis, and Endeavour Tour for a fun look at all the Oxford locations for these popular TV detective series.
- Starting price All Ages
Guided Walking Tours of Oxford for Groups
Explore Oxford’s history with your own private guide. Perfect for ensuring your safety, we can arrange a personalised, tailor-made tour based on your interests for individuals, small groups of friends, families and larger groups. Our award-winning service comes highly commended.
Our wide range of popular tour themes you can choose from includes:
- CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien
- Harry Potter & Alice in Wonderland
- Inspector Morse, Lewis & Endeavour Tour
- Literary Greats Tour
- Oxford Film Locations Tour
- Oxford Past & Present – Our most popular private tour exploring the city’s history along with a visit (optional) to a University of Oxford College.
- Philip Pullman’s Oxford
- Oxford Ghost Tour
- Religion at Oxford Tour
- Science at Oxford Tour
We have a wide range of tour guides with an excellent knowledge of the city, some with very specialist knowledge. We can also book a wide range of other services for your group including River Cruises, Cream Teas, Local Castle Tours at group rates and museum visits (which need to be pre-booked).
In addition to tours in English, we can offer tours in the following languages:
Please note we require at least 7 days’ notice to arrange a private tour.
If you would like to discuss your group requirements, for a safe and #WereGoodToGo tour, please contact the Walking Tour Team at [email protected] or call 01865 686 442 Mon – Fri 08:30 – 17:00.
‘We had a [group] walking tour on Saturday. It was brilliant! We all enjoyed it very much indeed and the feedback from the students was very complimentary. I have also been extremely pleased with the service, efficiency and courteousness of the tour staff in helping us to plan, yet another, successful day in Oxford. A big thanks to you and your team, too!’
(Amersham English Classes)
“The Team From Unique Travel would like to thank you for your services delivered to our Group, which was operated November 2018. Our Clients undoubtedly had a wonderful and a Life time experience. We sincerely appreciate for all that you had offered to us. We certainly look forward to work with you in the future, too.”
- Your contract for your tour will be with one or more members of the Oxford Official Walking Tours.
- Experience Oxfordshire Limited acts as agent of members of the Oxford Official Walking Tour Guides and as a Margin Scheme Supply.
- Experience Oxfordshire Limited will allocate the appropriate number of those members as your guide(s) to conduct your tour and these Terms and Conditions will apply.
Full payment for the tour must be made at least 14 days before the tour takes place. (Unless the tour is booked less than 14 days and more than 7 days prior to the tour date in which case it must be paid in full at the time of booking). Please note that all bookings are subject to a 6% booking fee.
You may pay by one of the following methods:
- By credit/debit card online via the FAREHARBOR website or if not possible for any reason please contact us to pay by phone (weekdays only) on 01865 686 441 or by email [email protected] to make alternative arrangements.
- By BACS bank transfer by special arrangement only. Please note that you will need to cover all the costs and the booking fee of 6%. Please ensure that we are sent a copy of the Remittance Advice with Tour Date as Reference for the bank transfer, as without this, we are unable to confirm your tour.
Confirmation of Booking
When booking, you agree that all written communications with you by Experience Oxfordshire Limited will be made by email to the address specified by you. Booking details will be confirmed by email after payment is received and your guide has been booked. Receipts will be sent only on request.
Agents – please ensure you send a copy of these Terms and Conditions and the booking form to your group leaders.
If less than 14 days’ notice is given when cancelling a tour or a guide booked for a tour, or if the group fails to arrive, the total amount of the tour fee will be retained to pay the guide(s).
Refunds can only be offered if Oxford Official Walking Tours is not able to provide a Guide in the timeframe requested and therefore needs to cancel your booking (although every effort will be made to provide Guides as requested).
Changes to bookings
A minimum of 7 working days’ notice in writing must be given for any changes to your tour. If on the day of the tour the group size differs from that stated on the booking form and it is more than 20 people per guide, the guide(s) will not be obliged to take the additional tour delegates.
A group arriving late for a tour will have that time deducted from their tour.
Guides will wait at the meeting point for 45 minutes. No refunds will be given for late arrivals. In case of delay, groups must make every effort to contact the Walking Tours and Groups Team on +44 (0)1865 686 441 or the Guide.
Limitation of Liability
- Except as set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this contract.
- Experience Oxfordshire Limited acts as agent for your guide and it shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss or damage arising under or in connection with your tour.
- Nothing of this conditions shall limit or exclude liability of Experience Oxfordshire Limited for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
Any complaint about a tour or your guide should be notified to Experience Oxfordshire acting as agent for your guide. Experience Oxfordshire will handle the complaint on behalf of your guide in accordance with its complaint procedures but as Experience Oxfordshire Limited acts only as agent for the guides, it accepts no responsibility for the conduct of your tour.
Foreign Language Tours
Although every effort will be made to find foreign language speaking guides, this may not be possible. The Walking Tour Team will arrange for English speaking guides instead. If you have specified that this is not acceptable the tour will be cancelled.